Friday 30 May 2014

Friday March 28th, 2013

Dinner for 6

Spring Rolls
Cucumber Salad
Thai Hot and Sour Soup
Pad Thai
Salted Caramel Pot de Creme

My sister is in town today and back at my dinner table.  It has been odd not having her here most weeks since she moved away.  She loves Thai food so that was my theme tonight.  Pad Thai being her favourite.  The dinner is rounded out by my husband and myself as well as our two oldest children and one girlfriend.  Fun and casual.


Yummy spring rolls.  Always a favourite in my house.  I am getting faster at rolling them but they are still a little time consuming.  But worth it.


Cucumber salad.  Fresh and delicious.  I love fresh coriander (cilantro).


Hot and sour soup.  It tasted a whole lot better than it looked.  I love hot and sour soup but this one sure wasn't pretty.


Pad Thai.  Made for my sister as it is one of her favourite dishes.  Of course I love it too.  All the colour has fallen to the bottom of the serving dish so this picture does not do it justice.  It was fantastic and we managed a little left over for the following day. All the Thai recipes were found in Simply Thai Cooking by Wandee Young and Byron Ayanoglu


Well out of the Thai theme was dessert.  I am trying to master some high end desserts.  This was my first go at a pot de creme.  I think the caramel needed to be cooked a little more to darken the whole thing up a bit but they were delicious.  There were none left over.  This recipe was found in a magazine.  I will add a link when I remember which one. Some days are like that.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment