Thursday 15 May 2014

Friday February 28, 2013




Two Dozen Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Icing and White Chocolate Decorations


No friday Night dinner tonight.  It is the family dance at the elementary school.  No fine dining for me tonight, instead it is junk food in a school gym!  While my older children have no interest in going, my youngest is very keen.  As I am on the parent council that is planning it I certainly should support it.  So off we go.  My husband, our youngest and myself.

There is however a cake raffle and my entry is two dozen chocolate cupcakes with chocolate fudge icing and white chocolate decorations.  Some lucky person will win these.





 Chocolate cupcake is a mix from a box, but I always make it using maximum number of eggs called for, the  oil as directed and milk instead of water.  Not your diet cake.  The icing was taught to me by my mother and has always had a special place in my memories, especially scraping out the pot with my two sisters to get every last fudgy bit.  I melted white chocolate and put it in a zip lock bag.  I then snipped the corner and made scribbles on my silicon mat.  After they had hardened I lifted them off and stuck them in the top.

Icing recipe is as follows:  Melt 56g (2 ounces) of unsweetened chocolate (I have always used 2 Baker's Brand squares) in a double boiler.  Add one can of sweetened condensed milk and stir.  Add a dash of salt and a cap full (1 tsp is probably the correct measurement) of vanilla.  Stir constantly until thickened.  Remove from heat and ice cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment