Wednesday 14 May 2014

Friday February 21st, 2014

Dinner for 1

Thai Chicken Burger
Thai Noodle Salad

The Olympics are coming to a close so tonight's dinner should be something Canadian or Hockey related.  Like arena fries, which are always the best.  Instead I have been preoccupied with watching the Olympics and my Hubby is sick so it is just a simple dinner for me tonight.

 I use to pick up Thai chicken burgers from a chicken butcher in Australia.  They were always an easy to barbeque and the same butcher sold marinated kabobs the kids loved.  I decided to try and recreate them myself tonight.


The burger is ground chicken with chopped coriander (cilantro), grated carrot, salt, pepper and fish sauce.  I topped my burger with  sweet chilli sauce, tomatoes and roasted red peppers all on a toasted bun.  This was pretty close to the ones I remember.

 

I also made Thai noodle salad.  The recipe I use is from Simply Thai Cooking  by Wandee Young and Byron Ayanoglu.  The recipe calls for ground chicken and shrimps but I left them out this time to make it a side for my burger.  It was still very tasty and one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment