Monday 26 May 2014

Friday March 21st, 2013

Dinner for 4

 Indian Beetroot Dip & Coriander and Mint Chutney with Pappadums
Bengali Fish Curry
Chicken Tikka
Dhal
Naan
Spiced Yoghurt with Almonds

Dinners have been hit and miss a lot lately as life has gotten in the way of Friday Night Dinners.  Tonight my husband requested Indian, so the meal was inspired by his request.

We started with a beetroot dip using this recipe and coriander (cilantro) and mint chutney using this recipe served with pappadums as well as some bought fried lentils and nuts.  I love beetroot but the rest of my family does not share that feeling.  They all preferred the coriander and mint chutney.  I liked both.


The main dishes consisted of  Bengali Fish Curry which was very tasty and easy to make


and chicken tikka as well as dhal and naan.  I based my chicken tikka off of this quick recipe but found that it wasn't spicy enough for me.  I will keep working on that.  I use the dhal recipe from Simply Bill by Bill Granger every time I make dhal now.  It is super easy to make and those that like dhal in my house love this recipe.  



I usually make my own naan but the day got away from me so it was store bought tonight.

Dessert was spiced yoghurt with almonds.   This is a favourite dessert of mine and has shown up often on a Friday night menu.  It is simple to make and not too sweet.  Tonight I added some candy coated fennel seeds.  Yummy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment