Monday 2 June 2014

Friday April 11th, 2014

Dinner for 1
Thai Carrot Soup

Well tonight it is just my daughters and I for dinner and they are not in the mood for anything 'fancy'.  That makes it dinner for one.  I am not up for attempting risotto tonight so instead I am eating Thai carrot soup from my soup swap made by another amazing cook I know.


It even came with the add ins.



What is a soup swap?  Well this winter another mum in my neighbourhood suggested we get a bunch of us together and each week we make a soup and swap mason jars full.  We started with 6 ladies in two groups so you would give away two jars and get back two jars.  It became popular quick and we expanded to 9 participants but it wasn't long before a few decided to drop out.  We finally hit equilibrium at 8 ladies and changed our exchange to one jar a week with one person.  It has been great fun cooking soup and trying new soups all winter long.  It has been a long winter but yummy soups has made it brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment